Laboratory Supervisor (Full time or Part-time)
ONE Fertility Burlington Clinic
As supervisor you will be expected to be hands on in both the IVF and Andrology Laboratories.
Essential duties include the ability to oversee, direct, and coordinate the work of staff in conducting advanced reproductive technologies in a busy lab environment that includes activities such as:.
1. Standard Andrology procedures including: diagnostic semen assessment; sperm preparation for IUI; sperm cryopreservation and thawing.
2. Standard Embryology procedures including: sperm preparation; oocyte retrieval; gamete and embryo manipulation (ICSI, Hatching, Embryo Transfer); cryopreservation and warming (slow cool and vitrification).
3. Promote advancement of the laboratory and clinical success through continual Quality Control, Assurance and Improvement and implementation of new technologies.
4. Assist in maintaining and analyzing patient results and preparing reports regarding ART program statistics.
5. Maintain the lab in accordance with applicable laws, industry standard guidelines and accreditation.
6. Develop and participate in clinical and basic science research projects. Assist in writing grants, abstracts and manuscripts.
7. Responsible for management and supervision of laboratory staff including: Andrologists; Embryologists; Phlebotomists and Medical Laboratory Assistants.
HOURS OF WORK
- Full time or Part-time
- Share weekend and on call rotation
- Clinical experience using assisted reproductive technologies will be considered an asset
- At least two years of hands-on experience in andrology in a clinical laboratory
- Attention to detail
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Professional attitude and superior communication skills are required.
- The preferred candidate will hold a Master’s degree or higher in a clinical or reproductive biology from an accredited academic institution.